< www.rep-am.com/news/news-local/2017/04/16/torrington-man-23-faces-variety-of-charges-after-disturbance/ >
TORRINGTON – A city man faces threatening and other related charges after a disturbance Saturday on Maud Street.
Ahkeem M. Barros, 23, of 37 Maud St., was charged with second-degree threatening, second-degree breach of peace, interfering with an officer and possessing up to a half-ounce of cannabis. He was held on a $50,000 surety bond pending an appearance today in Bantam Superior Court.
Police said Barros told an officer he had been in an argument with a victim whom police did not identify. The victim and multiple witnesses told police that Barros had threatened to kill the victim and had to be held back from going up the stairs to the victim’s apartment during a very loud argument that occurred outside.
While police searched Barros, they found a clear bag in a pocket that contained a green leafy substance that tested positive for marijuana. Barros was subsequently uncooperative and refused to obey commands to stand up and get into the police cruiser while he was being arrested.
- Police: 2 Torrington men tried to sell crack to cop – The Register Citizen
- Torrington arrests for Nov. 17, 2017 – The Register Citizen
- Torrington arrests for Nov. 15, 2017 – The Register Citizen
- Torrington arrests, Nov. 13, 2017 – The Register Citizen
- Torrington arrests for Nov. 9, 2017 – The Register Citizen