TORRINGTON >> Two residents were recently arrested and charged with drug-related offenses — one with possession of heroin — after a motor vehicle stop, according to Torrington police.
Eileen E. Reder, 50, of 31 Maplewood Avenue, Torrington and Ben Moore, 54, of 36 French Street, Torrington, were arrested Jan. 19, according to police.
“After speaking to Reder about not having insurance in a previous accident, her vehicle was spotted on the roadway and a traffic stop was initiated. Moore was the driver of vehicle, with Reder in the passenger seat,” police said in a report. “In the course of the investigation, Moore was found to be in possession of heroin, and paraphernalia was located in the area Reder was sitting. Reder was fully aware of the lack of insurance on her vehicle.” Reder was charged with operating a motor vehicle without minimum insurance and use of drug paraphernalia except less than a half-ounce of marijuana, while Moore was charged with possession of narcotics, as described.
Reder was released on a misdemeanor summons, according to police, while Moore was released on $500 surety bond. Both were scheduled to appear in Bantam Superior Court on Jan. 30.
- Police: 2 Torrington men tried to sell crack to cop – The Register Citizen
- Torrington arrests for Nov. 17, 2017 – The Register Citizen
- Torrington arrests for Nov. 15, 2017 – The Register Citizen
- Torrington arrests, Nov. 13, 2017 – The Register Citizen
- Torrington arrests for Nov. 9, 2017 – The Register Citizen